When you work with young people you may have opportunities to see the signs early, so you must familiarise yourself with them and share that information with your colleagues and the Sunrise Team.
- Always be alert to changes in behaviour or any physical signs of abuse and investigate them further.
- Ensure you know who the Child Protection Lead is in your workplace and you are aware of the procedure to follow if you are concerned about a young person.
- Think about ways to support and help young people share information if they are worried about their own or another young persons situation.
- Educate young people and their parents about healthy relationships and about sexual exploitation.
We have a range of materials, guidance and support for parents or people working with young people affected by child sexual exploitation.We have also included links to other websites that provide useful information on CSE.
Sunrise team child sexual exploitation leaflets
- Advice for staff who work with children and young people
- Advice for parents and carers
- How to keep you and your friends safe
- You can help us stop young people being exploited
- Sexual Exploitation – look out for the signs
Young Person Sexual Health Support Team 01706 261954